When linking from a continuous consonant into a blocked consonant, the continuous consonant sound is maintained through approach of the blocked consonant. Then, the air is stopped and released as the blocked consonant. This is the same effect as transitioning from a continuous consonant into a blocked consonant within a word.
Practice linking a continuous consonant into a blocked consonant:
1. we'll‿continue: We'll‿continue the meeting after lunch.
2. one‿person: One‿person can make a difference.
3. come‿by: You should come‿by the office some time.
4. leave‿town: They're planning to leave‿town for the weekend.
5. gave‿birth/little‿boy: She gave‿birth to a little‿boy.